Turkish Glider Melanogaster Fruit Fly
Turkish Glider Melanogaster
Drosophila melanogaster 'Turkish Glider'
- Turkish Glider Melanogaster are the smallest size of fruit flies at 1/16"
- Turkish Glider Melanogaster are a winged and slightly darker than the Golden Wingless Melanogaster
- This winged form of melanogaster can 'glide' short distances making for a more active feeder enticing even the pickiest of eaters
- Turkish Gliders produce fast and consistently with cultures producing every 1-2 weeks depending on temperature
- Cultures should be kept between 70°F - 80°F. Under 70° cultures will start to slow down and not reproduce. Above 80° cultures could develop the ability to fly
- As always, our cultures are mite free but need to be properly maintained to keep them that way
Cultures are made fresh weekly and the offspring of these cultures can make several new cultures