Turkish Glider Melanogaster Fruit Fly
Turkish Glider Melanogaster
Drosophila melanogaster 'Turkish Glider'
- Turkish Glider Melanogaster are the smallest size of fruit flies at 1/16"
- Turkish Glider Melanogaster are a winged and slightly darker than the Golden Wingless Melanogaster
- This winged form of melanogaster can 'glide' short distances making for a more active feeder enticing even the pickiest of eaters
- Turkish Gliders produce fast and consistently with cultures producing every 1-2 weeks depending on temperature
- Cultures should be kept between 70°F - 80°F. Under 70° cultures will start to slow down and not reproduce. Above 80° cultures could develop the ability to fly
- Cultures are made fresh weekly and contain 100+ flies. The offspring of these cultures can make several new cultures