- Bean Beetles are a very fast breeding small live food
- They require little effort to culture, needing only beans
- Adult beetles live only a couple weeks but in that time lay hundreds of offspring directly in the beans
- Larvae will fully develop inside the bean and only emerge once they reach adulthood about 30 - 40 days after seeding
- We culture this species exclusively on mung beans. After every hatch more beans are added to the colonies.
- The adult beetles can be dusted with calcium and offered to many smaller insectivores as a unique treat or backup feeder to fruit flies and other small live foods. Fogs, chams, geckos and mantids love these!
- Sold as 16 oz starter colonies
NO Shipping to FL, HI or Canada